I have commitment problems. It’s true. I can’t stick to one blog theme. I don’t really like any of them. If I had $50 to shell out I’d have someone design me something. Hopefully I can make myself keep this one for a while.
Two random things:
F. had been acting very wild the other day and did something naughty, so he was sent to his room. After a while I realized he seemed too quiet. K. went into the check on him and came out saying that he was asleep in his toybox. Sure enough, he was curled up in it all snug and cozy with a pillow and his “night-night”. (His “night-night” is a blue blanket (or now, several pieces of blanket) that he got as a baby and can’t sleep without.)
For several months K. has been addicted to poptropica. What?! You’ve never heard of poptropica?! I yi yi. If you have school age kids – they will love it. K. LOVES it. She would play all the time if you let her. I’m amazed at how fast she figures out clues and puzzles. Sometimes faster and better than I can. That’s sad. :) http://www.poptropica.com Check it out.
This weeks challenge is called “Reflection”. This is really the only picture I could find that went along with that theme. I tried taking some pictures this morning but they didn’t come out very well, so this will have to do.
I took this picture of Roobens in my visor mirror while we were on our way to TN. We were going to meet the girl that was escorting him back to Haiti.
Go HERE to see more cute reflection themed pictures. :)
I was tagged by Sarah. So fun!
8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
1. FINALLY adopting a child after wanting to for so long.
2. Getting to travel more – especially to Africa (a life-long dream)
3. My sister Angel moving back to Ohio from Arizona.
4. My wonderful friend Sarah getting to finally bring her baby boy home from Haiti.
5. Watch this incredible family bring their precious kids home from Haiti.
6. The day Keith and I finally get some of our debt paid off.
7. Watching K. and F. grow up and seeing the people they become. I can’t wait.
8. Seeing my Schnider boy in June. I miss him so much.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Had training for my new job (finally!!!)
2. Went to Walmart and bought some great fabric that was on clearance.
3. Did a stack of paperwork that needed completed for the new job.
4. Decided that I never again want to apply for a job run by a government run agency. :)
5. Ate the rest of my ice-cream left over from the night before.
6. Did a load of Keith’s laundry and lost several of his socks (where do they go?)
7. Sat on my deck and enjoyed the sunshine.
8. Started planning for our trip to Ireland.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Go see Schnider right now.
2. And lets be honest – bring him back home with me. :(
3. Travel a lot more than I do and photograph the world.
4. Find families for all of the 140(ish) million orphans in the world.
5. Stop worrying so much about the financial aspect of our adoption.
6. Find doctors for all of our MAT kids.
7. Have all my family close by and we could all get together often.
8. Find a new home for the sweet dog we rescued.
8 Shows I Watch: (I don’t watch much TV)
1. John and Kate plus Eight
2. Baby Story on TLC
3. Adoption Stories (when I can find it)
4. Lost (on the computer and when I have time – I’m still working on Season 3)
5. Friends re-runs (sometimes)
6. Everybody Loves Raymond (sometimes)
7. Extreme Makeover Home Edition (rarely)
8. Little Miss Perfect (rarely)
Look at my big, crazy-haired boy!
Lori sent me some new pictures of Schnider yesterday. He looks like he’s growing so much! He definitely seems bigger than when my mom saw him in January. I really hope I can go see him for his 2nd birthday in June.
Surprises and Keith’s Birthday
For about a month I have been planning a surprise birthday party for Keith’s 30thbirthday. I wanted to give him something really special as a gift this year. He has always wanted to go to Ireland. It’s been a lifelong dream of his. He had plans to go to the UK and Ireland in 2003, but instead went to Haiti with me for K.’s 1st birthday. We’ve toyed with the idea of going several time but it just has never worked out. I knew I would LOVE to be able to send him to Ireland as a birthday gift, but wasn’t sure how I’d be able to afford it. I talked to my mom about it, and we came up with the idea of a surprise party and all of our family and friends contributing money towards a trip to Ireland instead of bringing a gift. So basically, all of his family and friends are sending him to Ireland. It all came together really well and he was so surprised and happy. It was great. And I was surprised too – my mom had gone behind my back and they all came together and are sending me with him! We are planning to in June. We’re really excited and it will be fun. I’ve been over there before but this is Keith’s first time. His family is Irish on his moms side, so we’re planning to go over and visit the county where his family came from, etc. I remember really liking Wales when I was there before and would love to visit Wales and Scotland while we’re there as well, but not sure how much time we’ll have. We’ll see…. It’ll be great. :) Here are some pictures from the surprise party. He was REALLY surprised. LOL.
Well, one of them is not not really a difficult choice for me, because I know what I”m going to choose. But one of them is. So here goes:
Choice #1: I finally got a training date for my new job. I’ll be trained on this coming Thursday and will hopefully start working very after. Which means, I should have a full paycheck for the month of May. Thats good news. We’ve been waiting on this money to start coming so that we can start our really going on our adoption. The plan is/was to use my first paycheck to pay for a chunk of the homestudy. (1/2 is due at the beginning of the process, to get started. The other 1/2 is due when they are wrapping it up). So, now – I’m seriously considering using the first paycheck to go see Schnider in June instead. I just don’t think we have the money right now to start both the homestudy and go to Haiti. I feel like bursting into tears at the thought of pushing the homestudy back AGAIN, but at the same time – we’ve been waiting this long – is another 2 months going to really make that much of a difference? I HAVE to go see Schnider. I am going to go in June one way or the other – I just have to. So if I have to use that paycheck to do it, then I guess thats just the way it has to be.
Choice #2: WACAP has made some very big changes to their Promise Child program. (The program we’re in that placed grants on special needs children). Basically, our adoption fees are going to be at least $6,000 more than we’d planned. That’s a hard pill to swallow. I really do love WACAP, but the main reason we chose them over another agency (AAI) was the grant program. AAI has many children with special needs (particularly the special needs that we are interested in) waiting for families and right now – WACAP has none. And now that the grant program has changed, the adoption costs are very close. So, we may consider switching. We really don’t need to make a decision until our homestudy is done, but it’s in the back of my mind. I would like to plan to have our homestudy done by the end of summer. That sounds possible, right? That would give us June, July and August. (since we won’t be starting anything in May). Yeah, I think it’s possible.
This weeks challenge is “Self Portrait”
Kids Category – the photo must be of you and a child (or children)
For both categories, you must take the photo and you must be holding the camera when you take it (you can’t use a tripod or anything else to hold the camera for you.)
I wasn’t going to enter this time, but remembered this picture of Schnider and I that I took right after his first lip surgery.