General Adoption Update:

Well, we had our last homestudy appointment yesterday.  It went really well.  Our social worker is great, really laid back.  I didn’t stress about it too much.  She hopes to have the draft to us by next Sunday.  The only paperwork left – we are waiting for my fingerprints and our child abuse clearing to come in the mail.  That. Is. It.  ~WHEW~  Can’t believe we’re almost done with it.

This morning, I got a small bit of information on Baby Girl.  I’m talking small.  I got her full name, dob, her birthparents names, the town she is from and that she is of sound mind.  That’s it.  I need to find out more details.  Like why is she available for adoption?  Is all her paperwork in order? Do her surviving relatives understand what adoption means and really want her to be adopted?  And for me, the hardest but most important question – is there any way for us to support her family so she can stay with them instead of being adopted?  As much as I want her – I still believe that if possible the best place for her is with her family (if she has any left)  if they can provide for her and love her.  Sweet baby girl – I just pray her life improves and that she will feel cared for and loved, however it happens.

It is SO HARD to coordinate all this through emails, especially when the person you are emailing 1. has poor internet access and 2. doesn’t seem as anxious as us to get this information together.  So we continue to sit in a holding pattern as far as a referral. 

If it looks like things are not going to work out with Baby Girl in the next week or so I guess we’re just going to have to have the lawyer start looking for another referral.  I don’t know when to stop trying?   The whole thing makes me sad.  :(  For various reasons, I really, really thought that this baby was supposed to be ours.   God hasn’t said no yet, but I’m not sure how long and hard to keep pushing?  ~sigh~  It would help so much and be SO much easier if I could just make a quick trip over there and figure all this out.  But unless God drops an extra $2,000 in our laps, we just can’t do it. 

So for those of you following along.  Our next steps:

Get completed homestudy back.
Receive I-600A approval (hopefully sometime in September)
Formally accept a referral (sooon?????)
Send homestudy to lawyer in Uganda (sometime in September)
Travel (still praying I can travel before October is over)

For anyone still reading this – I would like to ask that everyone please pray for the finances for the rest of this adoption.
We are about $3,500 short at this point.  I know it doesn’t seem like a lot – but for us it is.  We have no where else to pull it or borrow.  We just don’t have it.  I’m getting ready to send some grant applications out.  It’s a long shot, but maybe some organization will hear our story and want to help.  We also have a fundraiser in the works.  I know it won’t make the full $3500 but I’m hoping it will help.  I’ll post more details on it soon.

And now, just because our little Haitians are just so darn cute, I’ll leave you with K. and F.’s smiling faces.

Goodness, how I love these two….I’m so blessed to be their sister.




One Comment to “”

  1. And they are so blessed to have you for a sister! Thanks for the adoption update. We are praying!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: